Wednesday 20 June 2012

The Olympic Torch - Always Good for Conversation

On my way to the railway station this morning guess what I bumped into?


Good to see that over 200miles away from the main location for the Games, London, this piece of history can generate some interest ( and you know how much I admire the Ancient Greeks)

Of course in this moment to shine...it was good to see another institution shine as well...or is that hi-jacking a conversation?




Some of the overheard conversations...

- why is there such a queue in Starbucks today?
- the torch just left the Minster

- is the torch going through the city again today?
- no, you just missed it.
- phew..I didn't want to get stuck in the traffic

- can I have 2 flags?
- you'll need to buy 2 papers

- ooh that's a nice t-shirt

It was great to see 2 such great brands side by side later as people needed a rest after the excitement.


No comments:

Post a Comment