Friday 6 July 2012

Welcome to Channel 4.com

It's always nice to be made welcome

So when I recently confirmed my email address during signing up for C4.com, the confirmation link sent me here.



My only gripe


When asking me to confirm my email address to complete my registration, why does it take 2 hours for the email to come through?

I'm there ready and wanting to use the site, I'm engaged, it's the 5 minute window when you will get the highest open rates.

You need to send it to me now, not later. The Welcome emails set the tone for the future and to a certain extent dictate future delivery into the inbox, higher open rates.

I'm not going to re-invent the wheel so here are some great reasons from emailcritic.com to get the Welcome email in nice and early

  1. You’ll engage. 
  2. You’ll enjoy a higher open rate
  3. You start building that relationship
  4. You don’t have to do a thing
  5. You get a chance to upsell
  6. You build trust
  7. You show appreciation
  8. You set expectations…again
  9. You build brand
  10. You improve deliverability
  11. You gain a competitive edge
  12. You get to reward them

No comments:

Post a Comment